Thursday, June 2, 2011

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge - Review

This is a great little book that presents a wide array of Mnemonic devices. It's amazing how much of what I remember from early elementary is tied to mnemonic devices . . . colors of the rainbow (Roy G. Biv), algebra equations (FOIL & Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally), musical scales (Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge). This small book is a great little reference for hundreds of these devices, from memorizing the parts of speech to the order of the Great Lakes from West to East. If it sounds interesting to you at all, pick it up. It's definitely one that I will look at again and again for many different subjects. 

A few of my favorites from the book so far:

When to use fewer vs. less = You can have fewer sewers, but less stress.

Putting Cut Flowers in Water = The harder the stem, the hotter the water. (Don't know why I need to know this, but I'm glad I do now)

How to set the table = fork:four letters:left, spoon/knife:five letters:right

Recommended. 



Other books on Memory/Brain:


The Mind Map Book

Moonwalking with Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment